The Engineering Company Ecoproject Ltd. for four years has been following closely the technologies market and development of industrial manufacturing technologies in the field of electric power and alternative power sources. Implementing the financial program of EU for Bulgaria up to 2013 and for the purpose to participate in a new activity for establishment of installations utilizing natural renewable resources the Bulgarian government adopted "Access to sustainable and effective energy resources" measures suggested by the European Committee.
In 2007 was adopted "Renewable and Alternative Energy Sources and Biofuels Act", promulgated in the State Gazette, issue 49 dated 19.06.2007, the said Act guarantees the purchase of the electric power by such sources at preferential prices. Thus the return of the investments is guaranteed.
In order to visualize our long-term work in the sphere of alternative power sources, Ecoproject Ltd. begun implementation of photovoltaic system project on the territory of the Republic of Bulgaria, the power of the system is 1 МW.
Why it is a profitable investment?
Having in mind that the annual sunshine hours here exceed by far the average European rate the investment in solar photovoltaic parks even without any subsidies and grants is very profitable investment indeed. The resource (the sunshine) is practically unlimited and totally free. The production market (purchase of the manufactured electricity) is 100% guaranteed not only by the state, but also by the European Directives. Each transmission and distribution enterprise is obliged to join in with priority power plants producing energy from RES.
Regarding the advantages of the solar-power projects we can point out several considerations which provide reason to the investors for mid-term and long-term investment decisions:
- The Sun is the primary energy source for the Earth. It is free and practically inexhaustible
- The operative control of the photovoltaic facilities is automated and the electric distribution enterprises are able to perform such control from a distance.
- Photovoltaic systems deliver maximum energy in the day time, which is the time of highest electricity consumption. That enables the optimal performance of the system and thus the systems are highly preferred by the operators of public electric systems.
- Photovoltaic systems do not require permanent operative personnel.
- The solar parks can be constructed in stages due to the modular structure of photovoltaic. It allows such projects to be set off at a low initial cost in the beginning and furthermore to be developed with the income obtained from the initial investments.
- Bulgaria with its sunlight is one of the most suitable areas for profit-making exploitation of sunlight through photovoltaics. (see the scheme given above ).
- All photovoltaic projects are priority for the European programs and the subsidies granted to the projects depend on that whether the project is private, municipal or public-private partnership.
- The photovoltaics can be placed on the facades and roofs of the buildings, in the gardens or in the open field - practically everywhere.
- Of all readily accessible renewable power sources, the fastest and easiest to use is the sunlight.
- The purchase price of the electricity produced by photovoltaics in our country has reached 40 eurocents, VAT is not included, per kWh and the tendency is the price to go up along with the general energy growth.
- The photovoltaics can be installed in urban territories. They are not required to comply with the procedures of investment process for power plants and a permit for construction (installation) within the meaning of Art. 147, par. 1, item 2 of the Territorial Development Act is sufficient.
- Pursuant to the Power Engineering Act (Art.62) in regard to the photovoltaics location as well as for other RES power plants the municipalities and the government should grant right to build on municipal and state owned terrains for unlimited period time with no tender or competition whatsoever